If you haven’t consigned with us before, let me assure you that it’s very easy to do! I’ve broken down the whole process from beginning to end to give you an idea of what to expect.
- Give us a call and set up a time to bring your items in.
- When you look through your closet, look over the items you’re planning to bring in to make sure they’re in ready-to-sell condition. We commonly will decline to sell items that have missing buttons, snags or small stains, pilling, make-up stains in the collar, or items that are terribly wrinkled, smell like perfume or smoke, or appear dirty. You can read our full FAQ sheet on what we can and cannot accept here.
- Pack your items up! Please fold them neatly and bring them in a box, tote or basket. You may also bring them in on hangers. (We will be sure swap your hangers out for our own!) Please do not bring items in trash bags.
- When you bring your items in for your appointment, we will ask you to fill out our contract, and then you are welcome to browse the store (or our neighboring shops!) or run errands while we look over your items. We can give you an idea of how long it will take us to look through your things before you go. You will want to come back to pick up any items that we don’t think we can use.
- We’ll take it from there! We will tag your items and get them out on the sales floor!
- Check back with us in 90 days to see how many of your items sold. We can write you a check for your balance, or you can spend it in store. (Spending in store gets you an additional 5%!)